1. Be a Belizean National
- a. Born in Belize
- b. Living in Belize
- c. If not born in Belize, has lived in Belize as a legal Belizean Citizen four years prior to applying
- d. Belizean Residents (non-citizens) are not eligible. Apply as International Quota Students.
2. Be between 16 and 18 years old in August 2018 or at time of entry
3. Have academic record which predicts success in the academic rigours of the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma program; Minimum of 80% average
4. Be an independent person, responsible, committed to academics, the ideals of justice, peace and cooperation.
5. Have carried out social service, volunteering or other extra-curricular actiivities (e.g. sports, music etc.).
6. If selected, be prepared to work with the National Committee for at least two years in the overall selection process and other activities relevant to UWC.
7. If selected be committed to keeping an active, up to date blog about your UWC experience.